Sunday, June 19, 2011

My new beauty






Here is my new classical guitar. It is a Spanish one, and it plays and sounds so well!

Esteve model 3
  • top : solid spruce
  • back and sides : dark stained African mahogany (sapelli)
  • neck : mahogany
  • fingerboard, headstock upper face and saddle : Indian rosewood
  • white wood purfling around top, back, along the back centerline and on saddle string holder
  • tuners : deluxe, silver
  • strings : Savarez, standard tension
Now I need to have it set up by a luthier. The factory settings aren't that good for a good and accurate play. Following my guitar teacher's advice, I'll also ask to change the neck and saddle nuts : the default ones are made of plasctic, and it'll be way better to put bone ones. Bone will be worth the change because it'll bring a better sound and more accuracy and stability to the strings. Also, the luthier will set the nuts in order to get a lower string action (action is the distance between strings and fingerboard). Then the guitar playability will be the best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment